Monday, January 2, 2012

Sorry!


I admit it, I’m a bad blogger and I owe you all an apology.  I’m Sorry!  It has been since September 2010, and I last posted and that was for a trip we took in May.  Needless to say I’m a little behind. 

This last year has been a whirlwind for us.  Work was a nightmare!  My squadron was actively involved with the conflict in Libya.  I had the rare opportunity to be part of the team to build-up and establish a new deployed location where we did a majority of our flying in support of Libya.  I deployed there two separate times.  I changed position within our group and became an evaluator pilot.  On top of that, I pushed hard and completed my Masters in Business Administration. 

If you can believe it, Andrea has been just as, if not more busy than me.  This last year she was asked to be the President of a philanthropic association on our base where they do different fundraisers throughout the year to provide scholarships and fill other charitable needs in the local community.  The group also holds monthly socials as well as multiple smaller groups like book clubs.  This is pretty much a full time job for her, but that isn’t all she does.  She is also what is called a “Key Spouse” for my flying squadron.  She is trained to be an advocate for other spouses and to be a conduit of information for the families.  With a majority of the squadron deployed, she was extremely busy helping to keep the flow of information moving. 

Even with all our commitments and duties, we still tried to take advantage of any bit of free time we had.  Since my last blog post, we have traveled all over Europe and the UK.  We took a ski trip to Zermatt Switzerland, went hiking in Wales, did wine tasting in France, strolled the canals of Amsterdam, ate chocolate in Belgium, stood in awe of the Beaches of Normandy, sun bathed in Spain, walked the walls of countless medieval cities, and explored more castles than I even knew existed.   Hopefully I will be a better blogger in the New Year and go back and upload pictures and recap you all on some of the amazing trips and experiences we’ve had in the past 18 months.

Please enjoy my most recent post about our epic journey through Bavaria and our ambitious attempt to visit a ridiculous amount of different Christmas Markets on an eight day road trip.  Enjoy and have an amazing New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment